Lake County Theatre Company Presents “Driving Miss Daisy”
Driving Miss Daisy, by Alfred Uhry is a story rooted in the Deep South. It takes place over a 25 year span, from 1948-1973.
Daisy Werthan is a wealthy Jewish widow who is reluctant to give up her independence, starting with driving. Her son, Boolie, overrides her objections and hires a chauffeur for her: Hoke Colburn, who is a black man. As years and events unfold, we witness a thawing in the relationship between Daisy and Hoke. Ultimately, they become enduring friends, despite their many differences.
This is a tale of aging and how families cope. It’s also one of prejudice in America from blacks to Jews. Ultimately, it’s a story of love and friendship amongst family and unlikely allies.
Daisy – Marlena Shapiro
Hoke – Larry Richardson
Boolie – Doug Cembellin
- FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 2, 7:00 PM
- SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 3, 2:00 PM
- SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 4, 2:00 PM
- FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 9, 2019 7:00 PM
- SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 10, 7:00 PM
- SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 11, 2:00 PM
- FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 16, 7:00 PM
- SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 17; 7:00 PM
- SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 18, 2:00 PM